Tue 29 Jan 2019
CCF Code v10 is Here…. Are You Ready?
The primary purpose of the CCF Code is to assist contractor businesses in achieving and maintaining compliance to the relevant industry standards and regulations, required by Federal and/or State Authorities.
Developed for comprehensive compliance, the Code draws together elements of quality, workplace health and safety, and environmental management, in one system. It is used by service providers as a practical, easy to interpret Standard, enabling them to demonstrate that their services meet the industry benchmark and relevant regulatory requirements – and by procurers of such services to assure high levels of SEQ compliance in their delivery.
Accredited by the Joint Accreditation System of Australia and New Zealand (JAS-ANZ) for third party certification, the Code is designed to be used in isolation of, or in combination with, other certification standards such as;
- AS/NZS 4801 – Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems
- AS/NZS ISO 9001 – Quality Management System
- AS/NZS ISO 14001 – Environmental Management System
Version 10 – Release Date: 1st Feb 2019
In lockstep with recent changes to the Quality and Environmental ISO Standards, and in response to the requirements of industry stakeholders, a major review and upgrade of the CCF Code was recently implemented, resulting in the creation of the new Version 10.
The development of v10 was grounded on feedback from existing CCF Code users and compliance experts, to ensure its requirements were sensible, practical and usable to best meet the operational needs of its users – whilst providing additions and improvements that would be of greatest value to contractor businesses.
Designed to replace v9 of the Code, the advanced elements of v10 include:
- Improvements to overall integration, increased simplification and decreased areas of duplication.
- A more modern approach to the demonstration of required outputs and less focus on the requirement for documented procedures.
- Increased focus on the requirement for clear designation of business/systems scope.
- A simpler, total risk management approach, with an ‘all of systems’ (combined SEQ) requirement.
- Increased focus on the demonstration of leadership, involvement and support by leaders in systems aspects.
- Enhanced customer and community focus.
- Increased focus on operations, endorsing a total risk management approach that includes a thorough assessment of SEQ risks and opportunities on a project by project basis.
- Former non-conformance preventative/corrective action and improvement provisions upgraded to integrated improvement management requirements.
- Updated requirements for information management and record control, incorporating modern electronic systems, data control, communications protocols and controls, information security, etc.
- Consolidation and simplification of the requirements for communications and consultation into a unified SEQ approach.
- Consolidation and simplification of the requirements for competence and awareness into a unified SEQ approach, with additional focus on proving appropriate qualification and competency, demonstrating a level of understanding and maintaining legislative ‘Duty of Care’ aspects.
- The addition of requirements for incident management and emergency preparedness.
Management System Document Suite (MSDS)
Contractors are able to achieve CCF Certified (accredited) Contractor status, by implementing management systems developed using the CCF Code, and undergoing an audit by a JAS-ANZ accredited, third party Certification Body. This audit should be repeated on an annual basis.
CCF Code v10 specifies the management system requirements that will allow a contractor to demonstrate that an appropriate system is in place to direct the delivery of services required to meet customer expectations and applicable SEQ legislative requirements. Similarly, the Code requires that the contractor’s system generate objective evidence to demonstrate the management of business and project risks.
To facilitate this, CCF has developed a Management System Document Suite (MSDS) that enables contractors to achieve and maintain ongoing compliance with the CCF Code. This MSDS comprises over 80 documents, including; plans, guidelines, forms/templates, registers and reports, each an effective support tool for operations management and record keeping.
CCF CODE v10 + MSDS PRICING
CCF Member: $5,850 (excl. GST) Non-member: $8,850 (excl. GST)
(Prices includes CCF Code v10 and MSDS only – software system and implementation not included.)
CCF also offers online software solution packages (Skytrust) developed to host and support the MSDS, providing contractors with instant access to view and manage their records. These systems are particularly valuable to efficient record management, significantly decreasing the time required by manual handling, and making the time of an audit less stressful.