Following the announcements made by the State and Federal Government yesterday, 22 March 2020. There are useful centralised resources of information to help answering questions around what support is available and how it can be accessed.
Business Victoria, Coronavirus Business Support Page: https://www.business.vic.gov.au/disputes-disasters-and-succession-planning/illness-and-business-management-plan/coronavirus-business-support . This page outlines the various State Government initiatives such as:
- A link where businesses can register their interest for support from the Economic Survival and Jobs Package.
- Guidance and templates on developing Business Continuity Plans and Risk Management Plans.
- Mentorship from Small Business Victoria on developing Recovery Plans.
- Links to resources from CPA Australia on navigating the crisis.
- Guidance on what employers should tell their staff.
- A link to register interest in the $500m Working for Victoria Fund.
- Information around event limitations.
- Further useful links to other government departments
Australian Government, Support for Business Page: https://business.gov.au/risk-management/emergency-management/coronavirus-information-and-support-for-business . This page outlines Federal Government initiatives including:
- Boosting Cash Flow for Employers.
- Temporary Relief for Financially Distressed Businesses.
- Increasing the Instant Asset Write-Off.
- Support for Business Investment.
- Support for Retaining Apprentices and Trainees.
- Funds for Supporting Affected Regions and Communities.
- Additional links to further government resources.