Tue 04 Nov 2014
Essential Tips and Tools for Small Businesses’ Government Webinar – Video Now Available:
On 22 October, the ACCC, Australian Securities and Investments Commission, Australian Taxation Office and the Fair Work Ombudsman took part in the free and interactive ‘Essential Tips and Tools for Small Business’ Webinar.
More than 450 people participated in the live event which included presentations from the four government agencies and a question-and-answer panel session. Some of the topics and questions covered during the webinar included:
- reducing red tape for small businesses.
- claiming tax deductions for business set-up costs.
- understanding the pros and cons of buying a franchise as opposed to setting up a new business.
- the advantages of collective bargaining by small businesses.
- keeping up to date with regulatory changes using digital channels.
A video of the webinar is now available on the ACCC YouTube channel.
If you weren’t able to attend the webinar on the night, we encourage you and your staff to watch this video and learn more about some of the key rights and responsibilities small businesses have under Australian law, and the government tools available which can help businesses save effort, time and money.