CCF Regional Chapter Forum - Mildura
Event Host: Annie Kessell
Client Services Officer – West, CCF Victoria
WorkSafe Inspector (F1) – Health & Safety Operations
Born and bred in Mildura, Graeme has been a WorkSafe Victoria Inspector for a period of 8 years. In the Mildura Office, there are 3 Inspectors, 1 Group Leader and 1 Administration.
Inspectors in the Mildura Office are all Generalist Inspectors, meaning they cover all work sectors. The Construction Sector makes up a large proportion of workplace inspections carried out by Graeme.
Manager Projects – Lower Murray Water
Ian was born and raised locally, completing his VCE at Mildura Secondary (Senior) College.
Studying and working in the horticulture industry for the first 10 years of his career, Ian then moved into civil construction management for 15 years while studying Business and Civil Engineering. Ian sought new challenges and moved to Lower Murray Water in 2019 and now works as Manager Projects, leading delivery of LMW’s 5 year, $100m capital works program.
During his presentation to attendees, Ian will cover…
- Current and future LMW capital works programs
- New VicWater construction contracts
- Personal reflection on what I learnt moving from a contractor to LMW
Manager Strategic Projects – Mildura Rural City Council
Kate was born and bred in Mildura, having attended Coomealla High School, until leaving to study and work in Adelaide for around ten years. She has a Bachelor of Commerce and a Bachelor of Laws (Hons) from the University of Adelaide and has worked at Mildura Rural City Council since 2012 having previous experience in the State Government, business and strategic consulting.
She has held roles at Council in Financial Services, both the corporate and community departments and was appointed as Manager Leisure & Cultural Services in 2020. She is currently the Manager of Strategic Projects at Council, which oversees Strategic Planning and Council’s large community projects such as the Mildura Riverfront Precinct and Mildura Sporting Precinct.
Kate will be there to present on the following topics…
- Council’s 22/23 capital works budget with a focus on community projects
- Challenges and future outlook
COVID19 – EVENT ATTENDANCE DISCLAIMER
In light of the current global pandemic situation, CCF Victoria has taken preventative measures in order to ensure the safety of our delegates, partners and members of staff thus reducing the risk of spreading the virus. As such, and to be able to attend our event, we will require for you to adhere to the following measures:
- Do not attend if you are displaying signs/symptoms of COVID-19 (these typically include fever, cough, and shortness of breath).
- Upon arrival you will need to present a confirmation of your vaccination status.
- You are required to wear a mask in confined areas (e.g. lifts).
- There are hand sanitising stations around the building. Please use these regularly.
- You are certain that you have not been exposed to someone with a suspected and/or confirmed case of COVID-19.
We will continue to monitor the situation and official updates on government guidance with respect to Covid-19 and as a result, please bear in mind that our event may be affected by this and could be postponed or cancelled.