Online HSEQ Masterclass: Safety in Trenching & Shoring Works - Encore Session
REGISTRATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED. FOR MORE INFORMATION CALL 13OO DIAL CCF
This Online HSEQ Masterclass is highly relevant to business owners, managers, employers and employees.
Join us for this Online HSEQ Masterclass focused on the best-practice measures and standards for safety in Trenching & Shoring works.
Hosted by John Kilgour, CEO CCF Victoria, this webinar welcomes Guest Presenters; Brian Chamberlin (Worksafe Victoria) and Gary Black (CCF Victoria).
Key covered areas will include:
- Upcoming WorkSafe Trenching Campaign 2020
- Trenching Incidents (fatal and non-fatal 2015-19)
- Trenching Works
- When do I need to control the risk of ground collapse?
- When is a Safe Work Method Statement (SWMS) required for trenching?
- Fall Protection in Trenching Works
- Emergency Procedures
- Compliance Code – Excavation
- Civil Construction – Industry Standard
- WorkSafe Inspector Visit Activity and Focus in August 2020
This is your opportunity to hear from recognised subject matter experts, who will also address key questions raised in the session.
Brian Chamberlin – Worksafe Victoria, Construction Industry Education Officer
Areas of specialty:
- Engaging with internal & external stakeholders to development & deliver high quality, targeted ‘risk based’ information, training & related materials.
- Promotion of improved OHS outcomes in Victoria’s construction sector.
Prior to his current role, Brian has extensive experience in safety centric roles such as; WorkSafe Inspector (Construction) and Swinburne TAFE Faculty Member (Building & Construction).
Gary Black – CCF Victoria, Industry Trainer, Water, Safety and Civil Industries
With over 18 years’ experience in the water industry, as well as 8 years in the gas industry, Gary has led major projects in water networks and infrastructure at South East Water, East Gippsland Water, and more recently was an Industry Trainer at the National Water & Safety Centre at Chisholm Institute.
Gary has an enviable track record of driving continuous improvement in systems and procedures within the water, civil and safety sectors to enable operators to work more effectively, while driving greater business efficiencies, improved customer outcomes, and most importantly … delivering a safe working environment. This includes training in accredited OHS compliance courses such as remove non friable asbestos, manual handling, worksite traffic management and first aid, water networks and civil construction. Gary has recently been working with clients on the design and delivery of accredited and non-accredited training and education programs including pipe laying, confined space awareness and control electrical risk on metallic pipes.
REGISTER TODAY TO VIEW THIS CRITICAL ONLINE EVENT. WE LOOK FORWARD TO YOU JOINING US ONLINE!
Note: CCF Victoria will continue to host the series of webinars on topics most relevant to our industry over the coming months.