To assist with the recovery from the impact of COVID-19, the Australian Government is providing support to all employers who engage a new Australian Apprentice.
The Australian Government has announced the Boosting Apprenticeship Commencements wage subsidy to support employers and Group Training Organisations to take on new apprentices and trainees.
Is my business eligible?
Your business may be eligible if:
- you engage an Australian Apprentice between 5 October 2020 and 30 September 2021, and
- your Australian Apprentice or trainee is undertaking a Certificate II or higher qualification, and has a training contract that is formally approved by the state training authority.
How much is this subsidy?
- Eligible employers and Group Training Organisations will receive a wage subsidy of up to 50 per cent of the Australian Apprentice’s gross wage paid.
- The wage subsidy is available for a maximum of $7,000 per quarter per eligible Australian Apprentice.
Courses on offer at Civil Contractors Federation Victoria
RII20715- Certificate II in Civil Construction
RII30815- Certificate III in Civil Construction Plant Operations
RII30915- Certificate III in Civil Construction
RII30919- Certificate III in Civil Construction
RII40715- Certificate IV in Civil Construction Supervision
Anything else I should know?
- The subsidy is available to employers of any size, industry or geographic location.
- The subsidy is capped at 100,000 places.
- The subsidy is not available for any apprentice receiving any other form of Australian Government wage subsidy e.g. Supporting Apprentices and Trainees or JobKeeper.
- Payments will be made quarterly in arrears, with first claims for the subsidy available from 1 January 2021.
- Final claims for payment must be lodged by 31 December 2021.
- The subsidy is available for wages paid from 5 October 2020 to 30 September 2021.