Executive Manager, Civil Training & Development
The Executive Manager, Civil Training and Development, reports to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and works closely with all Senior Executive team members and CCF colleagues to ensure an organisation wide approach to an effective and relevant training offering.
The role is responsible for ensuring that the organisation continues to be a “premium” training delivery partner of choice in civil construction for individuals, contractor businesses, government departments and agencies.
Focused on RTO operations, governance, compliance, quality learning outcomes, it also has the lens of strategic relationship management, business development and deepening business and government partnerships and arrangements to enhance our offering and build technical capability across the industry.
Key to this role is providing ‘educational leadership’ strengthening educational outcomes and design of courses for CCF’s apprenticeships and traineeships as well as bespoke programs for our clients. Leadership is required in predicting capability development needs as well as business opportunities in new product lines and services that can be offered to the civil industry and our members.
You will work closely with the newly appointed dynamic CEO, the CCF Board, and the executive team to design the new organisational 3 year strategic plan as well as developing new revenue streams, including writing grants and tenders and government papers.
Collaborative thinking and behaviours are critical for the success of this role. This role has a sustainable business growth agenda and requires a strategic, innovative thinker with experience in managing an RTO or heading up apprenticeships/safety training. Proven operational experience in leading a high performing team is essential.
We are looking for someone who aligns to our culture – a high performer, service oriented, highly collaborative, a people leader who is passionate about supporting the development of individuals and the industry. If this is you, we would love you to apply.
Experience we are looking for:
- People centric values and strengths-based leadership with the ability to develop diverse, high performing teams;
- At least 8 years’ experience in the VET sector and managing teams with examples of when they have demonstrated excellence both for the organisation and its clients;
- Extensive experience in business planning, strategic planning, stakeholder engagement and business development, product innovation, service delivery, and people leadership;
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team to deliver customer centric outcomes and grow and develop new products and service as well as develop bespoke solutions for clients and industry wide solutions;
- Excellent financial management demonstrating year on year growth performance;
- Eye for detail and demonstrated commitment to regulatory compliance in both ASQA and Skills First funding;
- Demonstrated experience of department led budgeting, forecasting, analysis, compliance, and risk management;
- Deep understanding of VET and course design for optimum adult learning, including online learning;
- Diploma TAE – with previous teaching experience/background;
- Background in managing apprenticeships/traineeships programs;
- Proven ability to develop relationships with people at all levels of the company, both within and outside the Training department.
If this sounds like you – please attach a brief resume with a covering letter discussing why CCF, why this role and what you will bring to the role.
"*" indicates required fields