Thu 13 Sep 2018
CCF Victoria is implementing the industry skills of tomorrow… Today:
CCF Victoria have been working to implement new skills and training programs with the aim of improving the capacity and capability of our industry to meet the growing major infrastructure needs in this State.
Led by Sonya Casey, this new Workforce Development function has already implemented a number of new training initiatives to better skill our industry including the Civil Skills Cadetship (CSC) Program, and more recently the Tender Plus Program and Institute of Drones Program.
These programs are both world class and cutting edge, designed to equip contractors and their employees with the skills that will be required in the years ahead to be part of Victoria’s forwards works infrastructure projects.
Using Drone Technology in Civil
CCF Victoria, in partnership with the Institute for Drone Technology, is offering skills development opportunities to train employees of the civil construction sector in the following programs…
- Flight Basics
- Remote Pilot’s Licence
- Safe Drone Operations for Managers
The Institute for Drone Technology is a Civil Aviation Safety Authority accredited Training Provider for the Remote Pilot Licence, and an ASQA accredited Registered Training Organisation (No. 45181). The Institute helps organisations integrate drone technology in a safe and effective manner by providing consulting, training and (through our sister company Dronesafe) a management platform.
Drone technology has the capacity to revolutionise work practices in a wide variety of sectors in which CCF Members operate. The uses for the technology vary, but most often revolve around three key value propositions. They are…
- An increase in safety – through less need for work at heights, or in confined space, as well as increasing situational awareness in and around a worksite.
- Efficiency gains – through being able to gather data faster and more accurately.
- Innovation – through the creation of new potential revenue streams for CCF members around the collection and collation of previously unattainable data sets.
For more information contact 1800 376 638 – The Drone Institute or CCF Victoria – Workforce Development on (03) 9588 7600.
Business Development and Tendering
CCF Victoria, in partnership with Tender Plus Skills, is offering skills development opportunities targeting small to medium organisations of the civil construction sector, to competitively attract and win business. The Diploma reflects the end to end understanding and multi-faceted skill set required for success. 10667NAT Diploma of Business Development and Tendering, is a nationally accredited qualification.
Topics covered include how to…
- Build client relationships and business networks
- Develop and manage a tender pipeline
- Manage information for a tender library
- Develop a tender strategy, solution and team
- Lead team effectiveness and promote innovation
- Write strategic, compliant and compelling tenders
- Manage a tender budget
- Engage in competitive dialogue with a client
- Facilitate continuous improvement of tender process
There is workplace-based assessment, with 12 months to complete to receive the Diploma. Mentor support is included throughout the program to assist you complete the assessment requirements.
The Diploma will be conducted at CCF Victoria over an intensive face-to-face 8 day period on the following dates…
- Fri 12 and Sat 13 October
- Fri 26 and Sat 27 October
- Fri 9 and Sat 10 November
- Fri 23 and Sat 24 November
For more information contact 1300 025 111 – Tender Plus Skills or CCF Victoria – Workforce Development on (03) 9588 7600.
Bite Sized Leadership and Management Development
Research indicates that in the Civil Construction sector, “soft” skills are required to be developed. This need has become critical with the demand for business efficiencies and people management to complete significant infrastructure projects in Victoria.
In consultation with CCF Victoria, Prime Time Training has identified specific Bite Sized programs (90 minute & 3.5 hours) to offer Members and Non-Members including…
- Prepare a staged leadership development pathway
- Personal Efficiency & Goal Setting
- Managing Personal Values
- Lead Change
- Problem Solving
- Lead Teams
- Giving Feedback
A calendar of focused short 45 minute sessions or half day workshops will be offered in the last quarter of 2018.
For more information about any of these Programs, please contact CCF Victoria Workforce Development Manager, Sonya Casey on (03) 9588 7600.