Thu 07 Aug 2014
Over Size/Over Mass Vehicle Permits:
Members would be aware from our April update of the historic actions CCF has taken on this issue. Since that time, a Heavy Plant Transport Committee has been formed under the chairmanship of Board Member Cliff Smith (Lance Smith Excavations).
The committee is made up of representatives from the heavy transport sector members who will be working strongly with CEO John Stewart to improve current and future processes for Permit issue.
Further consultation has been held with VicRoads on a variety of initiatives to ease the permit load and hasten permit processing time. Early indications are that this process has seen improvement.
CCF recently met with the CEO and senior team of the National Heavy Vehicle Regulator, to advise on a number of initiatives that the Committee will bring sustainable longer term improvement nationally. Just a few of these include…
- 24/7 contact numbers for each of the State regulators.
- Speed processing of permits where the same load envelope has travelled the same path to the same destination previously.
- Resolving the Local Government response delay.
- Speed processing of “return trip” permits for the same load envelope.
- Extending permit timeframes for same load return trips-particularly needed in the plant hire area.
For more information, contact CCF VIC on (03) 9822 0900.