Wed 19 Jul 2017
Reminder – Water Quality Requirements:
In July 2016, Barwon Water introduced changes to the water quality guidance notes. Twelve months on, we thought it would be timely to remind you of the changes and obligations for new submissions…
- Clarification of control measures for each asset type (drinking water and recycled water tanks and pipelines)
- Clarification of records and test results required to obtain approval to connect a new asset to the existing network
- Increased testing of smaller diameter pipelines (less than DN225mm)
- Information on corrective actions should any asset fail on water quality analysis
- Streamlining the approval process to allow consulting engineers to approve some results prior to connection of new assets. This means that the consulting engineer must complete a “water quality verification” form prior to the contractor submitting the “water mains shutdown request” form. Please note: “water quality verification” form must be submitted with the “water mains shutdown request” form.