Thu 10 Sep 2015

Removing Prescribed Industrial Waste From Your Site:

Just a reminder for CCF Members – this is how you locate an EPA licensed hazardous waste treater/disposer/transporter in or near your area.

The EPA Interaction Portal – PIW Database contains drop-down menus to locate Prescribed Industrial Waste treaters, disposers and permitted transporters throughout Victoria. To access the PIW Database, go to the EPA website ( and either…


  • Click on the EPA Interaction Portal Link at the top left-hand corner of the home page.



Create an account by entering a username and password, and then access the PIW database;


  • Type “Prescribed Industrial Waste Database” into the search engine located at the top right of the EPA Victoria home page.



Upon locating the database, simply choose the type of service you require, choose the waste category, waste type and your postcode range.


If you need to dispose of commercial and domestic asbestos to a licensed landfill, you can use the following EPA link to locate a receiving facility near you in Victoria…

Please remember that CCF is here to assist all Members with the knowledge and tools required to meet their legislative obligations with regards to correctly managing hazardous waste in Victoria. Please give Environmental Field Officer Wayne Huntley a call on (03) 9822 0900 or email if you require further assistance.