RIICWD503D Prepare a Work Zone Traffic Management Plan – 2 Day Course
This is a Diploma level unit and as such it has the scope, depth and complexity covering planning and initiation to alternative approaches to skills or knowledge applications across a broad range of technical and/or management requirements, evaluation and co-ordination, relevant to the completion of work zone traffic management plans in Civil Construction or allied industries.
Members: $470.00 Non Members: $625.00
Who should attend?
This course is appropriate for those working in a management role or as a technical specialist, preparing and documenting work zone traffic management plans.
The course will cover the following steps in the preparation of a work zone traffic management plan:
- Plan for the Preparation of Work Zone Traffic Management Plans
- Undertake the Work Zone Traffic Management Plan Preparation
- Finalise Preparation Processes of the Work Zone Traffic Management Plan
- Support and Review the Application of the Work Zone Traffic Management Plan.
It is also expected that the participant undertaking this course would have experience and knowledge of, but not limited to, the following:
- Risk assessment and management requirements and procedures.
- Statutory compliance requirements and procedures.
- Occupational health and safety requirements and procedures.
- Australian and other relevant standards requirements and procedures.
- Industry and organisational design procedures and practice.
- Principles of road user behaviour.
- Potential hazards, constraints and conditions that may affect traffic management plan design and implementation.
- Current industry best practice in traffic management plan design and implementation.
- Operational techniques required for the execution of traffic management plan implementation tasks.
- Traffic management plan implementation structures capabilities.
Whilst there are no specific pre-requisites for the unit of competence, it is recommended that the participant has successfully completed the units of competency RIIWHS205D Control Traffic with Slow/Stop Bat and RIIWHS302D Implement Traffic Management Plans. Participants should have sufficient numeracy and literacy skills to read and comprehend instructions.
The successful completion of written and practical assessments, including a final assignment (note) will be required to complete the course to a competent standard.
NOTE: This unit of competency is at the Diploma level. The final assessment will require the completion of an assignment that reflects the level of learning. As part of the assignment, it is highly recommended that the participant has access to an appropriate software package to complete TGS’s as a component of the TMP project. Based on VIC Roads’ focus on the development of high quality Work Zone Traffic Management Plans, the assignment can take some weeks to achieve a successful outcome.
What will you get out of it?
On completion of all assessment requirements you will be issues with a statement of attainment for unit RIICWD503D Prepare a Work Zone Traffic Management Plan.
Venue & Time
CCF Victoria Branch, 9 Business Park Drive, Notting Hill, Victoria 3168 (Unless otherwise indicated).
View Google Map Location.
8:15am – 4:30pm. Click here to check the Civil Train Training Calendar for the next scheduled course.
How to Enrol – To register for this course…
- Download and fill in the Registration Form from this page and either…
POST: CCF Victoria Branch, 9 Business Park Drive, Notting Hill, Victoria 3168
CALL: (03) 9588 7600
Civil Train Cancellation and Refund Policy
Important: Please ensure that read the Civil Train Cancellation and Refund Policy and check the Terms and Conditions before enrolling in this course with Civil Train. If you have any question about our Cancellation Policy, please contact CCF VIC on (03) 9588 7600.