Traffic Management Awareness
– 1 Day Course
If you are managing a Traffic Worksite, you will need to know and understand the legal obligations and implications under the Road Management Act and Vic Roads standards of operation. You will prepare a MoA and Site Risk Assessment and identify road types and devices relevant to the control site.
Members: $230.00 + GST Non Members: $270.00 + GST
What topics does the course cover?
- Legal requirements:
- ACTS and Regulations – Road Management Act 2004
- Guidance Material:
- Work Site Traffic Management code of practice – Codes of Practice have been developed to provide practical guidance for road authorities, works and infrastructure managers, in the performance of their functions and duties under the Act.
- AS 1741.3
- AS/NZS 3845.1:2015 – Road safety barrier systems and devices
- Vic supplement to AS 1742.3: 2009 – Manual of uniform traffic control devices Part 3
- Vic Roads spec 166
- How to:
- Undertake a work site traffic risk assessment
- Fill in a Memorandum of Authorisation (MoA)
- Identify between major and minor devices
- Identify road types and their usage
- Data sources:
- Open data
- www.vic.gov.au – The Land Channel is a government website that provides integrated access to information about land, resources and property services in Victoria.
- Melway online – An interactive map product, directly from Melway.
What will you get out of it?
On completion, you will have a clear understanding of your responsibilities for the safety of persons working within the traffic control environment and have the capability to recognise safe worksite traffic plans and put them into practice. You will receive a Certificate of Attendance.
Who should attend?
This course is appropriate for those working in operational roles within Civil Construction, such as Front Line Managers, Work Supervisors, OH&S personnel and Project Managers. Those persons requiring a clear understanding of Worksite Traffic Management in the work environment, but are not required to implement and control worksite traffic.
Venue & Time
Quantum 360, 6 Ravenhall Way, Ravenhall, Victoria 3023
View Google Map Location.
8:15am – 4:30pm. Click here to check the Civil Train Training Calendar for the next scheduled course.
How to Enrol – To register for this course…
- Download and fill in the Registration Form from this page and either…
POST: CCF Victoria Branch, 9 Business Park Drive, Notting Hill, Victoria 3168
CALL: (03) 9588 7600
Civil Train Cancellation and Refund Policy
Important: Please ensure that read the Civil Train Cancellation and Refund Policy and check the Terms and Conditions before enrolling in this course with Civil Train. If you have any question about our Cancellation Policy, please contact CCF VIC on (03) 9588 7600.