The RIIWHS202E - Confined Space Entry course offered by Civil Contractors Federation is designed to meet the requirements as set out in the OHS Regulations, Compliance Code of Practice, Australian Standards and Companies requirements. This course is also targeted at the individual requirements of the workgroup. The course is competency based on both theoretical and practical training entering a simulated Confined Space.
This is a two-day induction course for Confined Space Safety/Entry.
Nationally Accredited units of competency are:
- RIIWHS202E – Enter and Work in Confined Spaces
- MSMPER200 – Work in accordance with an Issued Permit
- HLTAID009 – Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
This course is run by nationally accredited Registered Training Organisation Civil Train Victoria (RTO number 3704).
The program consists of an initial induction course which includes CPR and covers the following topics:
- Relevant legislation (Victorian WorkSafe Regulations, Current Compliant Codes and AS 2865).
- Company policies and procedures.
- Hazard identification, types of gases.
- Entry permits, selection of appropriate safety equipment and lockout procedures.
- Entry and exit procedures (crew sizes), lifelines, harnesses, winches, communication techniques.
- The use of Gas detection equipment, when and where to test.
- Self-rescue breathing apparatus.
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR and AED).
- Emergency and rescue procedures.
- Practical exercise.
Who should attend?
This training course is designed for people who work in or around confined spaces.
What qualifications does this offer?
Upon successful completion participants are issued with a Statement of Attainment and card listing the units of competency indicated on the card.
Student records for training are maintained on the Civil Contractors Federation Training database to enable monitoring and notification of any refresher training requirements.
Civil Train strongly advise that this course is completed in conjunction with Operate Breathing Apparatus PLUS Undertake Confined Space Rescue. View our available list of courses to read more about what this course offers and how to enrol.
Please ensure that you read the Civil Train Fees, Charges and Refund Policy and check the Terms and Conditions before enrolling in this course with Civil Train. If you have any questions about our Fees, Charges or Refunds/Cancellations Policy, please contact CCF Victoria on (03) 9588 7600.
On-site Group Training Available
Are you an employer with a large group of employees that need training? Civil Train can arrange training for you at your site, ensuring you meet the delivery requirements for the program.