If you are managing a worksite with traffic, you will need to know and understand the legal obligations and implications under the Road Management Act and Vic Roads standards of operation. You will prepare a MoA and Site Risk Assessment, and identify road types and devices relevant to the control site.
- ACTS and Regulations – Road Management Act 2004
- Work Site Traffic Management code of practice – Codes of Practice have been developed to provide practical guidance for road authorities, works and infrastructure managers, in the performance of their functions and duties under the Act.
- AS 1741.3
- AS/NZS 3845.1:2015 – Road safety barrier systems and devices
- Vic supplement to AS 1742.3: 2009 – Manual of uniform traffic control devices Part 3
- Vic Roads spec 166
- Undertake a work site traffic risk assessment
- Fill in a Memorandum of Authorisation (MoA)
- Identify between major and minor devices
- Identify road types and their usage
- Open data
- www.vic.gov.au – The Land Channel is a government website that provides integrated access to information about land, resources and property services in Victoria.
- Melway online – An interactive map product, directly from Melway.
Who should attend?
This course is appropriate for those working in operational roles within Civil Construction, such as Front-Line Managers, Work Supervisors, OH&S personnel and Project Managers. Those persons requiring a clear understanding of Worksite Traffic Management in the work environment, but are not required to implement and control worksite traffic.
What qualifications does this offer?
On completion, you will have a clear understanding of your responsibilities for the safety of persons working within the traffic control environment, and have the capability to recognise safe worksite traffic plans and put them into practice. You will receive a Certificate of Attendance.
Please ensure that you read the Civil Train Cancellation and Refund Policy and check the Terms and Conditions before enrolling in this course with Civil Train. If you have any questions about our Cancellation Policy, please contact CCF VIC on (03) 9588 7600.
On-site Group Training Available
Are you an employer with a large group of employees that need training? Civil Train can arrange training for you at your site, ensuring you meet the delivery requirements for the program.