The intention of the course is to maximise the life expectancy of sewerage pipeline installations through the correct selection of materials, meeting specification requirements for installation, and ensuring quality testing on completion.
• Set the standards which consultants & contractors within the sector are expected to achieve.
• Deliver safe and reliable sewerage services.
• Ensure that all assets meet expected lifespan & operational requirements.
Successful completion of the course is part of MRWA accreditation process.
- Day 1: Classroom based, understand subsidence and soil technology requirements, and ensure a complete understanding of the use of MRWA standards and specifications to improve performance. It will also include group activities to improve confidence in working to the Sewerage Code of Australia MRWA Edition, Version 2.3 and training in using the MRWA web portal.
- Day 2: Classroom and practical session covering the do’s and don’ts of correct jointing of pipes, and property connection support. You will develop a working knowledge of compacting and backfill specifications, based on the MRWA Specification 04-03.1, and its practical application.
Who should attend?
The course would suit designers, contractors and plumbers working in the construction of sewer pipes.
What qualifications does this offer?
On successful completion of the course you will receive a certificate of attendance that will indicate the participant meets MRWA’s “Construction Supervisor” requirements for Sewer Pipe Laying.
Please ensure that you read the Civil Train Fees, Charges and Refund Policy and check the Terms and Conditions before enrolling in this course with Civil Train. If you have any questions about our Fees, Charges or Refunds/Cancellations Policy, please contact CCF Victoria on (03) 9588 7600.
On-site Group Training Available
Are you an employer with a large group of employees that need training? Civil Train can arrange training for you at your site, ensuring you meet the delivery requirements for the program.