Terms & Conditions
Following Terms & Conditions apply to all transactions between Civil Train, Candidates and Employers involving the organisation, enrolment, delivery and invoicing of a training Course (Schedule & Onsite).
1. Enrolments & Payments
Candidates may be enrolled for Onsite Training or Scheduled Training via the CCF website, email or phone call to Civil Train, subject to compliance with each of the following:
- Any required enrolment forms/ evidence of ID must be completed and submitted prior to attending the Course.
- Payment of the Course Fee must be submitted at least two days prior to the Course date. Preferred methods of payment are via credit card or direct debit.
- Candidates will not be considered as a confirmed attendee until payment has been received in full. Confirmation will be sent via email to Candidates attending Scheduled Training and via Employers for group Onsite Training.
- For more information, please refer to our Schedule of Fees.
- Candidate cancellations must be submitted direct to the Civil Train Administrator
- Candidates will be offered an alternate date for the same Course where available. If this is not required, the Course Fee previously paid for the Course will be refunded subject to CCF Victoria Fees, Charges and Refund Policy.
3. Cancellation, Relocation or Reschedule
The cancellation, relocation or rescheduling of a Course by Civil Train may occur due to the following events:
- Insufficient enrolment numbers: a new date will be organised, and enrolled Candidates offered the opportunity to attend the alternate Course.
- If rescheduling is not possible the Course will be cancelled, and fees refunded.
- In the case where the scheduled venue is for any reason unavailable or has become unsuitable for the intended use Civil Train will organise an alternate venue and Candidates will be notified at least three Business Days prior to the scheduled Course date. If the new location is not practical for a Candidate, they have the option to transfer to a future Course or withdraw and a refund will be processed.
4. CISS (CCF) Cancellation or Reschedule
Please refer to the Fees, Charges and Refund Policy.
5. Issuing of Certificates and Cards
Civil Train will endeavour to issue certificates, statements and cards within thirty Business Days after Course completion except under the following conditions:
- The Course requires Candidates to complete and submit a third-party report or course post work. Once this has been received, processed and deemed competent, the relevant award will be issued. N.B. for some courses this may take up to a maximum of three months.
- The Candidate has been deemed “not-competent” and will need to undergo further training and/or assessment.
- Payment did not process or was not received: award will be issued once payment clears.
6. Recognised Prior Learning and Credit Transfers
Recognised Prior Learning (RPL) and Credit Transfers will be accepted and processed as per regulatory process.
7. Civil Train and Student Conduct
a. Civil Train will:
- treat all Candidates with respect and not discriminate against an individual for any reason.
- Provide access to a fair and equitable grievance and appeals process.
- Accept and act on Course feedback to support continuous improvement.
- Deliver high quality up to date materials
b. Course Candidates are expected to:
- respect the Course Facilitator and other Candidates accepting other view points and take part in class discussions.
- treat others in a fair and non-discriminating manner.
- Respect and observe Intellectual Property Rights of materials delivered during the Course.
- Observe attendance times of the Course.
- Provide honest feedback on the Course material and venue at the completion of the Course.
For the purposes of these of these Terms and Conditions the following terms shall be defined as follow: –
- Business Day means a day that is not a Saturday, Sunday, or Public Holiday in Melbourne, Victoria.
- Candidates means a person enrolled to undertake a Course.
- Civil Train means a division of the Civil Contractors Federation.
- Course means a course of training conducted by or on behalf of Civil Train.
- Course Facilitator means the person or persons conducting the Course on behalf of Civil Train.
- Course Fee means the fee payable by the Employer or the Candidate for the Candidate to undertake the Course.
- Credit Transfers has the meaning shown in: https://www.asqa.gov.au/standards/chapter-2/clause-3.5
- Employers means the employer of one or more Candidates undertaking a Course.
- Intellectual Property Rights means all rights in the nature of copyright, trademarks, patents, or other similar rights.
- Onsite Training has the meaning of unscheduled courses that are arranged and delivered for a specific group at their worksite or an agreed location.
- Recognised Prior Learning has the meaning shown in: https://www.asqa.gov.au/faqs/provider-closures-students/what-rpl
- Scheduled Training means the training conducted by Civil Train in accordance with the Schedule shown at: https://www.ccfvic.com.au/training-courses/training-calendar/
An enrolment in a course does not guarantee successful completion, nor does it guarantee an employment outcome.