National Heavy Vehicle Regulator (NHVR)
The National Heavy Vehicle Regulator (NHVR) is Australia’s independent regulator for all heavy vehicles.
The NHVR was established in 2013 as an independent statutory authority pursuant to the Heavy Vehicle National Law.
Their vision is to have: A safe, efficient and productive heavy vehicle industry serving the needs of Australia.
They aim to achieve this by:
- minimising the compliance burden
- reducing duplication of and inconsistencies in heavy vehicle regulation across state and territory borders
- providing leadership and driving sustainable improvement to safety, productivity and efficiency outcomes.
NHVR are headquartered in Brisbane and currently employ 260 people across Adelaide, Brisbane, Canberra and Melbourne. They have a direct regulatory relationship with more than:
- 40,000 road freight businesses
- 900,000 vehicles
- 500 road managers
- 1,000 authorised officers.
CCF Victoria / NHVR Partnership
In 2018 CCF Victoria partnered with the NHVR, running a series of industry workshops across the State, to educate and advise contractor and transport businesses on the latest Government regulations for heavy vehicle operations, with focus on new laws for Over-Size Over Mass (OSOM) practices.
For more information on this subject, visit NHVR website or contact the CCF Team on 03 9588 7600.
More information on industry compliance is readily available to CCF Members via the CCF Member Portal.
Interested in becoming a member? CLICK HERE to apply.