Minister for Local Government Shaun Leane has unveiled the makeup of the 2021 Local Government Mayoral Advisory Panel.
Fifteen Mayors have been selected for the panel and will meet with Minister Leane four times this year to provide advice on a range of matters that impact local government.
Chaired by the Minister for Local Government, this year’s panel will present ideas and initiatives to benefit the local government sector and aid in recovery from the coronavirus pandemic.
The members of the 2021 Local Government Mayoral Advisory Panel are:
- Rt Hon Sally Capp, Lord Mayor of Melbourne
- Cr Kris Bolam, Mayor of Frankston
- Cr Louise Crawford, Mayor of Port Phillip
- Cr Kate Hely, Mayor of Stonnington
- Cr Joseph Haweil, Mayor of Hume
- Cr Adele Hegedich, Mayor of Wyndham
- Cr Despi O’Connor, Mayor of Mornington
- Cr Kim O’Keeffe, Mayor of Greater Shepparton
- Cr Daniel Moloney, Mayor of Ballarat
- Cr Mendy Urie, Mayor of East Gippsland
- Cr Libby Stapleton, Mayor of Surf Coast
- Cr Jennifer Anderson, Mayor of Macedon Ranges
- Cr Jenny O’Connor, Mayor of Indigo
- Cr David Wortmann, Mayor of Towong
- Cr Jo Armstrong, Mayor of Ararat.
The panel will meet for the first time on 21 April via videoconference.
Four regular meetings of the Local Government Mayoral Advisory Panel were held in 2020 and panel discussions included recovery from the 2019-20 bushfires, responding to the pandemic, implementation of the Local Government Act 2020, state and local government approaches to homelessness, dealing with the effect of the pandemic on tourism and harnessing the Government’s Working for Victoria initiative.